Here at The Jonathan Pitney House, we have a fabulous cookbook titled “Breakfast, Brunch, And Much More!” This book contains serious comfort food from New Jersey’s Best Bed and Breakfasts. So, it’s only fitting that we tried out one of these delicious recipes for our guests.
And, we must admit.. we’ve tried it ourselves, and we can’t get enough of it!
This recipe was contributed to the cookbook by the Glenwood Mill Bed and Breakfast.
Herb and Baked Eggs
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup of plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of prepared mustard
- ¾ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons of chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley
- Chives or parsley sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Grease 4-6oz ramekins and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Line each ramekin with a ham slice
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, yogurt, and mustard. Stir in the chest, then stir the chives and parsley. Divide the mixture among the ramekins.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until golden and set.
- *OPTIONAL* remove from ramekins and place on serving plate.
- Garnish with herbs.
Try it out, and let us know what you think!