Are you a healthy eater? Do you love fruit? Well, if you answered “yes” to these two questions, we have the recipe for you.. A Mixed Berry Compote! Sounds yummy. Use any mixture of berries in this simple, quick compote. It tastes great with the raspberry torte and over ice cream or pound cake.
Even better, this recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare and serve!
Let’s get started.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups mixed berries (3/4 lb) such as raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- Melt butter in a skillet over moderate heat. Stir in brown sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Add berries and cook, tossing gently (try to keep most of them from breaking up), until berries are warm and juices begin to be released, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Seems easy enough! Try this at home, and let us know what you think!
* A special thank you to Epicurious for this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/mixed-berry-compote-103677